i get so pissed off when people accuse harry potter fans of over-criticizing the movies because the directors:
- fucked up ronald weasley’s entire character
- made hermione perfect because obviously the only way an audience can appreciate a female character is if she has no flaws
- destroyed ginny weasley’s personality when she happens to be the main character’s love interest
- white-washed most of the main cast when 2/3 of the golden trio could have been people of color
- screwed up the MAIN VILLAIN’S DEATH in a way that undermines the entire point of his character
- conveniently left out regulus black’s entire storyline and contributed to the problematic idea that being a slytherin and valuing ambition and cunning automatically makes you a dirty evil person
yes, they messed up a lot of little things but they also messed up huge, plot-changing, point-missing, life-killing things so please never tell a harry potter fan that they’re too picky when the directors missed 70% of the big picture
You are the key to the remove the evil that is present in this world. You are the key to someone, but you choose to be the key to who you want to be. At times you are, or can be, in great danger.
If Sirius had lived to HBP, I’m pretty sure it would have gone something like this:
Dumbledore: Okay so I’m going to take your underage godson on a dangerous, possibly deadly mission to destroy Voldemort’s soul.
Sirius: *Bursts into castle, slings Harry over his shoulder*
Sirius: THIS IS A WHOLE BUNCH OF NOPE, HARRY-JAMES. WE’RE GOING TO SWITZERLAND. TIME TO LEARN GERMAN OR W/E.
Sirius pinned for Remus so much. I bet he would turn into a dog all the time to be able to cuddle Remus and be petted by Remus and have it not be weird. It would be weird anyway because Remus was probably pinning too.
“*WHIRLS SNAPE OUT OF THE WAY*
*SHOVES MINERVA INTO A WALL*
PUT YOUR NAME
*KNOCKS OVER A TABLE AGGRESSIVELY*
IN THE GOBLET
*GRABS HARRY AND SLAMS HIM INTO THE WALL*
OF FIRE!?!?!?1111?!?!111321I3591130583FERGEKLJRKGJ GRLGJWRLKGVJLKJ G” Dumbledore asked calmly.
we’re never gonna get over this are we
Her long red, auburn hair, reached down to her shoulders, falling in the right places. Her eyes were a deep shade of brown, making the young Ginny, seem as if she was bursting full of compassion, strong, and ambitions.
"falling the right places"